WhisperingBrooks

Blessed is the man....He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither.... Psalm 1:3

Name:

IN THE BEGINNING GOD In the maddening pace of daily living, it's easy to forget! From the moment my eyes pop open in that early light of a new dawn, 'til they finally close with the heaviness of night's slumber, I'm running. Even in stillness, my mind's awhirl, digesting my day, and all the cares it bears. In the midst of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I've forgotten. Here I'll attempt to share my journey into a more faithful seeking after the evidence of God's fingerprints, the evidence of God's presence in even the smallest details of life. Some have called it 'savoring the observable presence' of God. My journey begins 'in the beginnng,' and the varied terrain my travels take me through are yet unknown. However, you're welcom to journey with me. Together we can discover anew the God Who knew our name before the beginning of time. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Whose covenant of love wove the garment of grace we can wear today. The great I AM, Who WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME. The Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Author and Finisher of faith Who will guide avery step of our journey with Him.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

My Soul's Isaac

To lay my own soul’s Isaac down
Should be a simple thing.
I look at men like Abraham
Where faith was born on wings.
Born up before the throne of God
Where grief has shed love’s tears
Where rest was found within Your love
And cast away all fears.
But still my Isaac lingers here
Within my heart’s embrace
If I could only lay him down
Then look into Your face
I know I’d find love shimmering there
Within Your own Love’s tears
A love borne on a cross You shared
That’s stretched throughout the years.
So by Your grace this step I’ll take
No matter what it brings.
But in my heart I know I’ll find
My soul borne on Heaven’s wings.


[ Genesis 22 ]

© DeAnna L. Brooks
9 January 2005


1 Comments:

Blogger Violet N. said...

DeAnna, you started a blog. I'm enjoying your poetry!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Web Counters
MBA Online