WhisperingBrooks

Blessed is the man....He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither.... Psalm 1:3

Name:

IN THE BEGINNING GOD In the maddening pace of daily living, it's easy to forget! From the moment my eyes pop open in that early light of a new dawn, 'til they finally close with the heaviness of night's slumber, I'm running. Even in stillness, my mind's awhirl, digesting my day, and all the cares it bears. In the midst of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I've forgotten. Here I'll attempt to share my journey into a more faithful seeking after the evidence of God's fingerprints, the evidence of God's presence in even the smallest details of life. Some have called it 'savoring the observable presence' of God. My journey begins 'in the beginnng,' and the varied terrain my travels take me through are yet unknown. However, you're welcom to journey with me. Together we can discover anew the God Who knew our name before the beginning of time. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Whose covenant of love wove the garment of grace we can wear today. The great I AM, Who WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME. The Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Author and Finisher of faith Who will guide avery step of our journey with Him.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

THE WILDERNESS THAT KNEW

(Luke 4:1-13)



The Spirit
Led the Son
Into wilderness terrain
That bore His imprint
Through the sands of time.

Imprints first made
By whispery touches
Of the pillar of His cloud
Borne aloft
Pointing the way to hope, to promise.

Imprints deeply scoured
By the blaze of His fiery pillar
Guarding the way
From all who would come
To pillage and devour.

The Spirit led the Son
To the wilderness that
Knew His touch
That had drunk the Living Water
Poured forth from the Rock once struck.

A wilderness
Whose very sands He’d numbered
As they spilled from His hand
Like an hourglass of mercy
Awaiting a piercing, spelling grace.

A Spirit-led Son
Newly walked a wilderness
Already carved with the finger of His law
Revealing at last the spirit of its truth
Hidden until now within man's confining letter.

The Spirit-led Bread of Heaven entered,
Again, a wilderness’s knowing ...
Of manna’s covering for forty tested years ...
And turned not a stone
To bread that could only taste decay.

The wilderness
Well-knew this Son
Spirit-led
And held its breath – waiting – groaning for
The restoration of Eden’s garden promise upon its sands.

And when His Spirit-led steps left its sands at last
The wilderness knew that
It would next feel only the touch of His shadow
Bearing me aloft upon His wings
As we soar above heated desert skies –forever free.



© 31 March 2005
DeAnna L. Brooks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Web Counters
MBA Online