WhisperingBrooks

Blessed is the man....He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither.... Psalm 1:3

Name:

IN THE BEGINNING GOD In the maddening pace of daily living, it's easy to forget! From the moment my eyes pop open in that early light of a new dawn, 'til they finally close with the heaviness of night's slumber, I'm running. Even in stillness, my mind's awhirl, digesting my day, and all the cares it bears. In the midst of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I've forgotten. Here I'll attempt to share my journey into a more faithful seeking after the evidence of God's fingerprints, the evidence of God's presence in even the smallest details of life. Some have called it 'savoring the observable presence' of God. My journey begins 'in the beginnng,' and the varied terrain my travels take me through are yet unknown. However, you're welcom to journey with me. Together we can discover anew the God Who knew our name before the beginning of time. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Whose covenant of love wove the garment of grace we can wear today. The great I AM, Who WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME. The Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Author and Finisher of faith Who will guide avery step of our journey with Him.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

OFFERINGS

Words no longer fall upon
The pages of this day
Where I would fill them readily
With all I have to say

But they are given not to me
Though thirst for them I do
Might it be my eyes are blind
And search without a clue?

What words have I to offer life
To those who yearn for more
Than the residue that fills their cup
As they wander down life’s shore?

Pride, it stands a stumbling block
To words from God’s own throne
And He must tear the stones apart
That I would claim my own

Words chiseled by my hand and pen
And altered till they fit
The imagine that I try to paint
Within my words of writ

If words make up my offering, Lord,
Let them be of unhewned stone
Falling from the Word of God
Of the sweetness I have known

Sweetness of amazing grace
That covers me each day
Through sacrificial offering
And the blood-price You did pay

Upon an altar made of wood
An altar I’d have fled
Your life You placed upon its nails
For me Your blood was shed

The Word who spoke it all in place
Who held each atom tight
Saw my need and with Your love
Was moved to meet my plight

Words that fall upon life’s page
Are written by Your hand
With fingerprints so visible
I come to understand

If I would be Your instrument
Through which Your ink will flow
My words must fall from Your own heart
So that others, too, may know

I have no words to offer life
They fall from Your own pen
Written with a scarlet ink
And a love You bore within







© DeAnna L. Brooks
9 February 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Web Counters
MBA Online