WhisperingBrooks

Blessed is the man....He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither.... Psalm 1:3

Name:

IN THE BEGINNING GOD In the maddening pace of daily living, it's easy to forget! From the moment my eyes pop open in that early light of a new dawn, 'til they finally close with the heaviness of night's slumber, I'm running. Even in stillness, my mind's awhirl, digesting my day, and all the cares it bears. In the midst of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I've forgotten. Here I'll attempt to share my journey into a more faithful seeking after the evidence of God's fingerprints, the evidence of God's presence in even the smallest details of life. Some have called it 'savoring the observable presence' of God. My journey begins 'in the beginnng,' and the varied terrain my travels take me through are yet unknown. However, you're welcom to journey with me. Together we can discover anew the God Who knew our name before the beginning of time. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Whose covenant of love wove the garment of grace we can wear today. The great I AM, Who WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME. The Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Author and Finisher of faith Who will guide avery step of our journey with Him.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

COLOR ME DONKEY



I’m glad God redeems donkeys
Those stiff-necked burden carriers
Who readily and pride-fully
Usurp His place
Then plant feet firmly in the ground
And refuse to move

Picking up loads
That should be cast on Him
Donkeys seldom travel
With obedient ease
The road set before them
Where grace’s grass is sweet

No! stubborn rules their day
As it rues mine
'Cause somehow our paths
They stay intertwined
Maybe it’s because that donkey
Looks a lot like me

Stubborn, strong, stiff-necked
Though I may be
God's eyes pass through this outer skin
And looking deep within
Sees - me
A heart that needs redeemed

Hard as it may be
To see a donkey
By a lamb redeemed
This donkey knows the saving grace
Of that precious Lamb
Who took my place


(Exodus 13:13)



© DeAnna L. Brooks
25 January 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Web Counters
MBA Online