WhisperingBrooks

Blessed is the man....He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither.... Psalm 1:3

Name:

IN THE BEGINNING GOD In the maddening pace of daily living, it's easy to forget! From the moment my eyes pop open in that early light of a new dawn, 'til they finally close with the heaviness of night's slumber, I'm running. Even in stillness, my mind's awhirl, digesting my day, and all the cares it bears. In the midst of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I've forgotten. Here I'll attempt to share my journey into a more faithful seeking after the evidence of God's fingerprints, the evidence of God's presence in even the smallest details of life. Some have called it 'savoring the observable presence' of God. My journey begins 'in the beginnng,' and the varied terrain my travels take me through are yet unknown. However, you're welcom to journey with me. Together we can discover anew the God Who knew our name before the beginning of time. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Whose covenant of love wove the garment of grace we can wear today. The great I AM, Who WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME. The Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Author and Finisher of faith Who will guide avery step of our journey with Him.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Grace's Sweet Desire

The desire of my heart is You
Though oft I wander from Your side
To lay myself in meadows fair
Where ne’er long can I reside

For Your Voice keeps beckoning me
With compassion’s sweet desire
To be the One to fill my cup
To be clothed in Your attire

Turning to my wardrobe
I find it isn’t bare
The many garments I have worn
Seen clearly hanging there

They seem so very beautiful
Til I gaze into Your eyes
Then shame becomes my covering
The garments revealed as lies

But compassion’s sweet desire
Looks fully in my face
You hand to me a garment new
Woven, strand by strand, with grace

A garment looking like Your own
Is laid gently about my form
And deep within my being
My heart’s desire is reborn

To know no other meadows
Or waters to fill my cup
But only at Your feet to sit
And with Your heart to sup

The longing of my heart is You
And clothed in Your attire
Walking firmly by Your side
Is now my sole desire



© DeAnna L. Brooks
22 January 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Web Counters
MBA Online