WhisperingBrooks

Blessed is the man....He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither.... Psalm 1:3

Name:

IN THE BEGINNING GOD In the maddening pace of daily living, it's easy to forget! From the moment my eyes pop open in that early light of a new dawn, 'til they finally close with the heaviness of night's slumber, I'm running. Even in stillness, my mind's awhirl, digesting my day, and all the cares it bears. In the midst of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I've forgotten. Here I'll attempt to share my journey into a more faithful seeking after the evidence of God's fingerprints, the evidence of God's presence in even the smallest details of life. Some have called it 'savoring the observable presence' of God. My journey begins 'in the beginnng,' and the varied terrain my travels take me through are yet unknown. However, you're welcom to journey with me. Together we can discover anew the God Who knew our name before the beginning of time. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Whose covenant of love wove the garment of grace we can wear today. The great I AM, Who WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME. The Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Author and Finisher of faith Who will guide avery step of our journey with Him.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

FIRST FRUITS

(Exodus 22:29b)



He was first …
And though he was laid in my arms
In the wee dark hours
Of a June morn’ years past
He doesn’t belong to me…
He remains Yours
By a uniqueness
First-borns share
Within Your heart.

His days of ease
Number few among the days spent here
And as his daily journey
Travels lands
That break my heart
His heart-lands
Belong to You
Who alone understands
The road he must travel home

He remains Yours
Though my heart would hold him fast
Would ease his pain
Would smooth his way
But I remind myself
He is not mine
But rests within Your Father’s heart
Who surely knows
Every road he travels.

He was first …
First in my heart
First in my arms
First to know my voice
Amidst the multitude of wounding voices
That would come and dog his steps
And turn his heart
Toward lonely wilderness wanderings
Where Your Voice he will hear

So I will rest
For he was first …
And firsts belong to You




© DeAnna L. Brooks
30 January 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Web Counters
MBA Online