WhisperingBrooks

Blessed is the man....He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither.... Psalm 1:3

Name:

IN THE BEGINNING GOD In the maddening pace of daily living, it's easy to forget! From the moment my eyes pop open in that early light of a new dawn, 'til they finally close with the heaviness of night's slumber, I'm running. Even in stillness, my mind's awhirl, digesting my day, and all the cares it bears. In the midst of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I've forgotten. Here I'll attempt to share my journey into a more faithful seeking after the evidence of God's fingerprints, the evidence of God's presence in even the smallest details of life. Some have called it 'savoring the observable presence' of God. My journey begins 'in the beginnng,' and the varied terrain my travels take me through are yet unknown. However, you're welcom to journey with me. Together we can discover anew the God Who knew our name before the beginning of time. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Whose covenant of love wove the garment of grace we can wear today. The great I AM, Who WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME. The Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Author and Finisher of faith Who will guide avery step of our journey with Him.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

FROM SAND TO SHINING SEA



The pillar of cloud, its awesome finger pointing silently heavenward, stopped suddenly. While the sun stood directly overhead, raining heated rays upon already over-heated bodies, the air lay thick, unbreathable. And as far as the eyes could see, only sand. Hot, dry sand.

It began, in the midst of their confusion. Murmuring’s dusty particles fell unhindered till waves of discontent, in ever-thickening billows, washed away belief ... in a tide of fear.

They stood, at the water’s edge. No bridge. No channel. Only brackish water, lapping at their toes.

Ears pricked at a distant rumbling, intensifying behind them. As a sea of chariots swarmed into view, fear pumped its own poison through hearts already weakened by growing despair.

The sun began to set amidst torrential cries storming the heavens.

Exactly when they noted the nighttime’s pillar of fire move behind them, barring passage to death’s reaper, depended on each heart. As fear gave way to trust, some began to look again towards heaven, faith-filled prayers of supplication replacing shrieks of dread.

They’d seen God’s hand move, time and again, on their behalf. In hail and locust driven famine, they’d feasted on the goodness of His provision. Through darkness, He’d been their light. Under death’s dripping sword, He’d been their bloodied covering.

And some, not knowing how or when, only knowing ... found the breath of their prayers into I AM’s courtyard now blowing back to them mighty winds of redemption. As the winds blew amidst surrounding blackness, God’s hand moved. And eyes, blinded by sight, began to see the parting of the waters.




Almighty One, I Am that I Am, You whose eye roamed throughout Egypt’s land until You found me, and drew me out. How oft, blinded by sight, I no longer see Your abiding presence. I hear, instead of Your voice, only the advancing thunder of chariot-seas. How quickly I forget God’s Lamb, arms outstretched, dripped His blood across the threshold of my own life, redeeming me from death. My toes, touching unexpected waters, draw back. Forgetting the mighty hand of redemption already come, I fear the sea ahead and the sea behind, and drink their fear. In the darkness of my night, give me eyes to see your fiery pillar behind, the parted sea ahead, and lead me to set foot on the dry land You’ve spread before me by Your own breath.....Amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Violet N. said...

Great writing here, DeAnna. I like this poem. You might be interested in joining the Women4God blogs - see instructions at my blog - Jan 26th, I think. Blessings1

8:21 AM  
Blogger Violet N. said...

Oops, I meant that comment to be under the "Donkey" poem... - that's the poem I'm talking about - I know this is prose!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Web Counters
MBA Online