WhisperingBrooks

Blessed is the man....He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither.... Psalm 1:3

Name:

IN THE BEGINNING GOD In the maddening pace of daily living, it's easy to forget! From the moment my eyes pop open in that early light of a new dawn, 'til they finally close with the heaviness of night's slumber, I'm running. Even in stillness, my mind's awhirl, digesting my day, and all the cares it bears. In the midst of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I've forgotten. Here I'll attempt to share my journey into a more faithful seeking after the evidence of God's fingerprints, the evidence of God's presence in even the smallest details of life. Some have called it 'savoring the observable presence' of God. My journey begins 'in the beginnng,' and the varied terrain my travels take me through are yet unknown. However, you're welcom to journey with me. Together we can discover anew the God Who knew our name before the beginning of time. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Whose covenant of love wove the garment of grace we can wear today. The great I AM, Who WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME. The Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Author and Finisher of faith Who will guide avery step of our journey with Him.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

ONE DOORPOST MORE

(Exodus 21:6)


Today a doorpost calls my name
It’s beckoned me before
To cast my eyes upon it -
It stands an open door

A door wide open to Your love
Each stain was shed for me
But standing here before it now
Another doorway I do see

Your blood my soul did ransom
From death You set me free
And through that door I entered in
Your priceless gift to me

I stand before that doorpost now
And read within each stain
A message that I didn’t hear
When first it called my name

Written in each drop of blood
You freely shed for me
Stands a message to my heart
You’ve longed for me to see

I, too, need write a message
On this doorpost of love’s heart
A promise of commitment
From which I’ll never part

Standing here before it now
My head resting in Your hand
Place my ear upon its frame
For at last I understand

I’m called to share Your piercing
At the doorpost of love’s heart
And as our love’s blood mingles
From Your side I’ll ne’er depart

My love, it does the calling now
From my heart it calls Your name
So pierce my ear upon that post
For in Love’s service I’ll remain



© DeAnna L. Brooks
29 January 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Web Counters
MBA Online