WhisperingBrooks

Blessed is the man....He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither.... Psalm 1:3

Name:

IN THE BEGINNING GOD In the maddening pace of daily living, it's easy to forget! From the moment my eyes pop open in that early light of a new dawn, 'til they finally close with the heaviness of night's slumber, I'm running. Even in stillness, my mind's awhirl, digesting my day, and all the cares it bears. In the midst of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I've forgotten. Here I'll attempt to share my journey into a more faithful seeking after the evidence of God's fingerprints, the evidence of God's presence in even the smallest details of life. Some have called it 'savoring the observable presence' of God. My journey begins 'in the beginnng,' and the varied terrain my travels take me through are yet unknown. However, you're welcom to journey with me. Together we can discover anew the God Who knew our name before the beginning of time. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Whose covenant of love wove the garment of grace we can wear today. The great I AM, Who WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME. The Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Author and Finisher of faith Who will guide avery step of our journey with Him.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Possessed

...Now there was a certain man of Ramathaim Zophim, of the mountains of Ephraim, and his name was Elkanah the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu...
1 Samuel 1:1


What a beautiful way for God to usher in the end of time of judges .... to lead up to the birth of Samuel, who even as the smallest child so tuned in to God that he heard His voice and responded. To capture the hidden beauty, look closely at it’s backdrop.

Ramathaim Zophim ... double height of the watchers
Ephraim... ... double fruit
Elkanah ... ... God has possessed
Jeroham ... compassionate
Elihu ... He is my God

These opening words could just as easily read ... Now there was a certain man from the double height of the watchers, from the mountains of double-fruit. His name was God Has Possessed, and he was a son of Compassion, an off-spring of He Is My God ...

What incredible heritage ... what a story, woven deep within the telling ... what a promise to live out! And it’s mine. Mine is the portion of double-fruit, harvested from a land cared for, from a land vigilantly tended through a focus on things above. Mine that blessed portion that only comes from keeping out the things of this world just waiting to seed my land with the tares of its cares and worries, if ever I drop my guard and fail to keep a close eye on my kingdom possession.

And my identity? Isn’t it truly God-Has-Possessed? For indeed I am His possession, redeemed with the scarlet flow from Heaven’s Own veins. A flow spilling forth upon me from Compassion’s own heart. Hallelujah, He Is My God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Web Counters
MBA Online