WhisperingBrooks

Blessed is the man....He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither.... Psalm 1:3

Name:

IN THE BEGINNING GOD In the maddening pace of daily living, it's easy to forget! From the moment my eyes pop open in that early light of a new dawn, 'til they finally close with the heaviness of night's slumber, I'm running. Even in stillness, my mind's awhirl, digesting my day, and all the cares it bears. In the midst of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I've forgotten. Here I'll attempt to share my journey into a more faithful seeking after the evidence of God's fingerprints, the evidence of God's presence in even the smallest details of life. Some have called it 'savoring the observable presence' of God. My journey begins 'in the beginnng,' and the varied terrain my travels take me through are yet unknown. However, you're welcom to journey with me. Together we can discover anew the God Who knew our name before the beginning of time. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Whose covenant of love wove the garment of grace we can wear today. The great I AM, Who WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME. The Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Author and Finisher of faith Who will guide avery step of our journey with Him.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

That I Would Be Cling-Free Free

...but Ruth clung to her...Ruth 1:14





It is so easy to rush by this picture and miss its message. We don’t cling much these days. In fact, we’re encouraged to buy Cling-Free products designed to make our life easier, less interrupted by what we want to disregard....cast off....cast out.

But Ruth, Ruth shows us a heart so tuned to God that she chases after, grabs hold, and won’t let go. Clings with such tenacity that to attempt to break the embrace breaks a heart.
As a parent God may have allowed you a glimpse of what true clinging is all about. Reflect back to that moment, picturing again, what unfolded when you needed to leave your toddler. It hadn’t happened before, and hopefully it didn’t happen again. But this time, this time you had carried your child in your arms and were now passing them into the care of another. Or maybe they had walked by your side, but then your child turned, saw you were about to leave, and ran at you, threw their body around yours so tightly, so profoundly, you couldn’t move away. Not even a hair’s breadth. You were stunned to discover the power of their grip, the determination of their heart. If you’ve experienced a moment like I’m describing, you know what I’m talking about. A breaking of a heart, or maybe two hearts, was what it took to separate you from your child’s embrace.

This is the picture of Ruth’s clinging to Naomi. This should be the picture of me and Jesus...of you and Jesus. I don’t think we know how to cling anymore. We’ve been immersed in the world’s cling-free substance and find laying hold of God, let alone clinging fast to Him, a near impossibility.

May God put the cling back into our touch! May we refuse to release our embrace on Love. May we hold so fast to Him that wherever He goes we are part of the going.



© 4 April 2005 DeAnna Brooks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Web Counters
MBA Online